As our daily routines have changed and continue to change , please use the link below to view my "Wellness from Home" page. You will find parent resources, student resources, contact phone numbers for community agencies (Kids Help Phone, etc) and strategies for wellness to use at home.
School Counselling and Guidance Services
What does a Counsellor do?...
A counsellor is a skilled helper, a caring listener, a consultant, a referral agent, and most importantly, a student advocate.
A counsellor is part of a team of people who work together to help students develop the strengths, skills, values and knowledge for everyday life.
Counselling sessions, depending on the situation, last between 15 and 50 minutes. Most sessions are 15 minutes long.
Counselling programs, whether group or individual, are usually 8 – 12 sessions long.
What is Counselling?
- Assisting students with the daily challenges of being a teenager or approaching the teenage years
- Helping students reach their personal best emotionally and academically
- Acting as a student advocate, helping them to express their concerns and needs
- Providing individual, group or crises counselling
- Acting as a liaison between parents, school staff, and outside agencies
- Assisting students in making positive and proactive decisions
- Providing training and implementation for Peer Helpers
- Students can see a Counsellor for:
- A Fear
- Dealing with Disappointment
- A Success
- A Conflict
- A Rejection
- Dealing with Failure
- A Death
- Family Concerns
- A School Problem
- A Behaviour Concern
- A Physical Concern
- Coping with Stress
- Coping with Anxiety
- Relationships with Friends
- Romantic Relationships
- Examining Choices
- Coping with Peer Pressure
- How to Contact the Counsellor:
Students can refer themselves for an appointment or can be referred by teachers and/or parents.
Students: If you would like to meet with the counsellor, drop by her office to make an appointment. If the door is closed, please leave a note with the secretary.
Parents: If you have a concern about your child and would like to consult with the counsellor, please contact her office by phone or email.