February is I Love To Read Month all across Canada. Here are 10 benefits of reading:
1. Kids who read often and widely, get better at it.
2. Reading exercises our brains.
3. Reading improves concentration.
4. Reading teaches children about the world around them.
5. Reading improves a child's vocabulary and leads to more highly-developed language skills.
6. Reading develops a child's imagination.
7. Reading helps kids develop empathy.
8. Children who read do better at school.
9. Reading is a great form of entertainment.
10. Reading relaxes the body and calms the mind.